Samsung released the Galaxy J6 plus in September 2018.
Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus pros
- Good display with vivid colors and good contrast
- Visible screen even under direct sunlight
- Has dual Cameras at the back
- Front Camera has a flash
- Good battery life that takes you for more than a day
- In built ability to move apps and app data to SD card
- Dedicated SD card slot
- Auto-brightness feature detects minor light changes
- Has infinity screen
- Has face unlock option
- Design offers good grip that makes it hard to drop the phone
- Premium good look
- Feels light in your hand
Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus Cons
- Slow fingerprint that sometimes fails to work
- It takes time before you get used to fingerprint/power button feature. Left handed people will have a difficult time using the right hand oriented fingerprint.
- Locating the fingerprint scanner is hard because it is hidden in the design of the phone.
- Switching between apps takes some time despite having 3GB RAM
- Slow charging
- Has a single speaker that is screechy when volume is high
- You cannot get 4G on both Sim Cards at the same time
- Face unlock sometimes misses your face
- No AMOLED technology
- Many unnecessary In-built Samsung apps
Samsung J6 Plus Price in Kenya
The 32 GB ROM and 3 GB RAM version costs Ksh. 19, 999. (Prices may vary slightly)
- The screen does not have a notch, which you may consider a Pro or a Con. Most 2018 phones mid-range phones have a notch.
- Volume keys, SD card slot, and the Sim card tray are on the left side.
Samsung Galaxy J6 plus Specs
Screen: 6 inch IPS LCD
Screen to body ratio: 73.6%
Internal Memory: 64 GB or 32GB
RAM: 4GB or 3GB
Rear Camera: Dual 13MP and 5 MP
Selfie Camera: 8 MP with Flash
Battery: 3300 mAh Lithium Ion (Non-Removable)
Network: 2G/3G/4G LTE
Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
Chipset: Snapdragon 425
CPU: Quad core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
Dimensions: 161.4×76.9×7.9 mm
Weight: 178 grams
Sim Card: Dual Nano Sim (Dual stand-by)
Micro SD: Expandable to 512 GB (Dedicated SD slot)
3.5 mm jack: Yes
FM Radio: Yes
Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (mounted on the right side)
Who should buy Samsung Galaxy J6 plus?
- Those who love watching videos
- Internet surfers
- Anyone with large files to keep
- Samsung lovers who only care about the brand.
Who should avoid the Samsung Galaxy J6 plus?
- Left handed people
- Gaming lovers
- Users of heavy apps
- Camera enthusiasts
The best alternative to Samsung galaxy J6 plus is Nokia 6.1 plus. Read Nokia 6.1 plus full review here>>>