Here are the Pros and cons of Nokia 7 plus. Is it one of the best mid-range phones? Decide for yourself after reading these pros of Nokia 7 plus.
Nokia released the Nokia 7 plus in March 2018. It is available for sale in Kenya.
Nokia 7 plus Review: Pros
- You get
freeupdate to Android 9.0 Pie. The Android updates improve battery life. You also get free security updates.
- You will be able to multitask using this phone. Apps open fast. You can open many apps without any lags. Transitioning from one app to another is so fast.
- You will not have any heating issues even when you strain the phone with multiple tasks.
- When you are charging this phone, it automatically stops charging if the temperature of the phone rises above the recommended temperature. Your battery will not spoil even when you charge the phone overnight.
- Cameras on this phone take superb photos. Pictures are crisp and have sufficient light.
- You will have good visibility even when you are using this phone under direct sunlight.
- When you hold the Nokia 7 plus in your hands, it feels so solid. You gain confidence walking around with this phone.
- When you charge this phone for 30 minutes, you get 7 hours of usage. You can play games continuously for about 5 to 7 hours with brightness set at 65%.
Nokia 7 plus Review: Cons
Here are the cons of Nokia 7 plus. They are as many as the pros of this Nokia 7 plus.
- When you are recording videos, you cannot pause. You only have the option to stop recording.
- You will find it frustrating if you want to connect the phone to Bluetooth speakers and other Bluetooth devices. Some devices are completely missing on the list of nearby devices. Users have associated these Bluetooth problems with the new Android update.
- You get very irritating audio quality if you use the phone’s loudspeaker. Audio quality on headphones is not impressive also.
- If you are a frequent Youtube user, you will need to change video resolution from 480p every time you open the Youtube app. This phone resets video resolution to 480p even if you select the automatic resolution option.
- This phone has weak vibrations. Sometimes you cannot feel the phone vibrating even when it is in your pocket. You will miss calls if you do not have a sharp ear.
- The rear cover of this phone easily gets stained with fingerprint marks. You will need to wipe it frequently to keep it clean.
- Sometimes the phone still rotates the screen even after you have turned off screen auto-rotate. If you are using this phone in your bed, the auto-rotating screen will really irritate you.
- If you turn off draw pattern security feature, the phone will still ask you to draw your pattern.
Related Post: Pros and Cons of Nokia 6.1 Plus
Nokia 7 Plus Specs
Screen: 6.0 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
Resolution: 1080×2160 pixels
Screen to body ratio: 77.2%
Internal Memory: 64 GB
RAM: 4 GB
Rear Camera: Dual, 13 MP + 12 MP
Selfie Camera: Single 16 MP
Battery: 3800 mAh, Non-removable Li-Ion
Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Android one) Gets free update to Android 9.0 pie
Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
Dimensions: 158.4×75.6×8 mm
Weight: 183 g
Sim Card: Dual stand-by
Micro SD: Yes, up to 256 GB (No dedicated SD card slot)
3.5 mm jack: Yes
USB: 2.0 and Type C 1.0 (Reversible connector)
FM Radio: No
Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, Rear mounted
Body: Aluminum body with copper edges
Who Should Buy Nokia 7 Plus?
Lovers of Performance Phones
Nokia 7 plus has stock android and a powerful Snapdragon 660 processor. Using an android one phone allows you to get Android updates immediately Google releases them.
You get fast performance, bug fixes, and security enhancement before other Android users.
Nokia 7 plus runs apps so fast. You will play almost any game without lags.
Nokia 7 plus does not have heating issues, which is great for anyone who loves playing games.
Sweating hands often affect your touch sensitivity, which greatly affects your gaming accuracy.
Dual rear cameras blend their performance togive you crisp photos with almost perfect color balance.
You will easily take descent photos in dark places thanks to the phones flash.
Selfies bring out
Anyone buying a Nokia 7 plus because of its camera will go home fully satisfied.
Who must avoid the Nokia 7 Plus?
FM Radio Fans
You cannot listen to your favorite FM channel on this phone. The sound quality of this phone is also not great. Listening to music will not
Users who want SD card and Dual sim
Like many other phones, Nokia 7 plus does not have a dedicated SD card slot. You have to choose whether to have sim 2 or insert an SD card.
Nokia 7 Plus Alternative
The Samsung Galaxy J8 is the best alternative to this Nokia 7 plus.
Unlike the cons of Nokia 7 plus, Samsung J8 has dual sim and a dedicated SD card slot.
It has the same price tag and features like this Nokia 7 Plus. See Samsung Galaxy J8 >>>
Nokia 7 Plus price in Kenya
Nokia 7 plus costs Ksh.29,699 on Jumia Kenya smartphones.
You can order your Nokia 7 plus from Jumia Kenya. (Prices may vary slightly)